Wednesday, April 24, 2013

New Garnier Oil-Free BB Cream Review



I've been a fan of BB creams since they made a boom in the US stores because I love the idea of a lightweight cream that will hydrate my face, protect it from the sun with SPF and give me a little coverage to perfect my skin tone. I was using the regular BB cream from Garnier and I really liked it, but by the end of the day my oily face would look REALLY shinny. To counteract that downside I used a shine-control powder and it sort of did the trick. So when Garnier released their new Miracle Skin Perfector Oil-Free B.B. Cream I was SO excited, and even more excited when I was sent a free sample from BzzAgent to try and review.

What the company claims

  • Controls shine (through an oil-absorbing substance called Perlite)
  • Minimizes pores
  • Evens skin tone
  • Hydrates
  • Protects with SPF 20 Sunscreen
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
  • Non-acnegenic (won't cause breakouts)

My personal experience

Since the first day I tried it I felt as if I was in BB cream heaven! This thing is amazing for oily skin because it contains almost the same benefits from the original product but with the added benefit that your skin will look great throughout your entire day. The product kept my face shine-free without looking dull and the lightweight coverage did not fade away, even without a primer underneath. I still use a shine-control powder but very slightly over my T-Zone instead of over my entire face as I used to. The product comes in 3 shades, I used the light/medium one which when I initially put it on looks a bit too light for me but somehow after the product sets it ends up looking just right for my tone.

Cons

• The product did not minimize the appearance of my pores
• The hydration is not as great, I still use moisturizer before applying the BB cream

Final Verdict

If you have combination or oily skin as I do, you should definitely give it a try since there are not many products in the drugstore beauty market that will give you all of these above mentioned benefits without controlling shine. This is a MUST TRY!...Specially for the hot Summer weather which is just around the corner!

So, have you tried BB creams?!...If you had, which is your favorite one?

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I never tryed this. I'm following you now.. can you follow me back?
    http://itislovelyfood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow!...I'm following you back...the food in your blog looks really yummy!

      Delete