Sunday, April 28, 2013

Spring Nails: Lilac



Spring is the best time of the year to rock out pastel colors and my new go-to nail polish shade is LILAC. I love it because it reminds me of lavender and brings a sense of serenity and calmness to my mind. Besides, its such a beautiful color! You can use it alone or add a subtle nail art such as white spots which I think will look absolutely amazing yet keep them looking subtle and very feminine. I bought this Bettina nail polish in the shade Haze and have been using it constantly.


In a perfect world we would have all the time of the world to go to a salon or give ourselves complete manicures to show off perfect hands at every moment. But sometimes life gets in the way and you only have like 30 minutes or less to make your nails look decent. So to make your mani extra good looking when you have no time to spend, use a cuticle balm to moisturize the skin around your nails which can get a bit dry at times. I have been using the Sally Hansen Cuticle Eraser + Balm which has been recommended in several beauty magazines. The instructions say it should be used daily, but lets get real...who has time to give themselves a cuticle massage daily?!...At least not me. So I try to use is at least 1-2 times per week. Below you can see the Before and After cuticle balm shots. This balm is very creamy and thick so I use it AFTER my nails are polished and dry to prevent the nail polish from chipping faster than usual. After applying the balm in each finger, remove the excess with a cotton ball and voilà! Healthy, beautiful looking mani in no time.


You can see in the Before photo how the skin around
my nail looked dry and sort of flaky.

Which is your favorite Nail Polish this Spring?!

3 comments:

  1. Lilac is one of my favorite colors. Where did you purchase these items?

    http://strawberryheartschocolatedarts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently, I believe they only sell them in Puerto Rico and Florida (http://www.bettinacosmetics.com/where-to-buy-usa.html) but if you like the color Revlon has a look-alike one called Charming.

      Delete
  2. I love bettina I get them all the time and that color is beautiful!! I would say they sell them in every store in Puerto Rico haha

    http://life-fashion-freedom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete