Monday, January 21, 2013

Look to try: Green Eyeliner

There's a big hype around Emerald Green which was named by Pantone as the ''Color of the Year'' (see my post on this!) and one simple way of adding this hue to your makeup is by using an eyeliner of this color. I usually like to stay within neutral eye makeup, but I think this color can look very subtle and pretty while getting you out of your normal makeup routine. You could use it with a bone or light beige shadow all over the eye lid. You could also add a highlighter under your brow bone and in the inner corner of your eyes to make your eyes stand out more and sparkle a little. I recently bought the Sephora Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner in 05 Green. This eyeliner glides on smoothly while providing a light shimmer and has a very long staying power. The liner comes with a smudging sponge at the end so you can decide to use it as a concentrated colored line or as smudged line.

Are any of you trying new colored eyeliners this season? Let me know in the comments below!

7 comments:

  1. I have a few colored cream liners to try out from my Sephora holiday palette, including a metallic emerald green.
    Love the look you created! It's very delicate but still vibrant. Quite lovely.

    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I never though I would use this color in my eyes but I gotta say, I'm lovin' it!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for following me. You have such great posts. Following yours

    shobna-periayaih.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I haven't tried any eyeliner color in my entire life...just plain black or dark browns. It's interesting though and at the same time I'm excited that my birth stone color (emerald) is the color of the year...makes me want to try it!

    Found you on bloggers btw. Hope you can follow me as well. :):) Have a great day!!

    Http://itsmekikay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's absolutely a sign for you to add new things to your makeup routine! That's one of the ideas I gave in my post about Beauty Resolutions for 2013. Check them out: http://wonderandshine.blogspot.com/2013/01/beauty-resolutions-2013.html?m=1

      And Thanks for the follow! I just started following you too

      Delete
  4. I have a tutorial that I will be posting hopefully later tonight! I would love you to check it out and my blog www.myfairdaily.com :) Should be up later tonight or by tomorrow, working on editing it now.

    ReplyDelete