Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spring Break Beauty Essentials!

Spring Break time has come! I don't know about you, but I'm hitting Miami this year and I'm so excited! Whether it's Miami or other beach destination, there are some key products you must pack to be completely prepared to hit the beach/pool/party/etc and look amazing while at it.


1. Tinted Lip Balm + SPF

If you're planning to spend the day under the sun, your lips will totally get dehydrated and burned. Be a smart girl and prevent this from happening by using a rich lip balm that would moisture your lips. Find one that has the extra benefits of color and SPF so you look extra cute while taking care of that beautiful mouth of yours. I like the Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment from Fresh which has an SPF 15. This lip balm, while on the pricey side, would be the best, most moisturizing lip balm you'll ever try!...just look at the great reviews all over the internet that rave about it.


2. Sunscreen

This is a MUST! Skin cancer is one of the most dangerous types of cancer and it has a very high incidence rate so be good to yourself and protect it. My current favorite is the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunscreen because it's broad spectrum (which means it protects you against both UVA and UVB sun rays that damage your skin) and it's totally non-greasy. Love tanned skin? I know, I love it too so I opt for sunless tanning products such as my Comodynes Self-Tanning Towelettes (see my post here!).


3. Body Butter

With all of the water, alcohol (if you do drink), and hot sun your skin will end up begging for hydration. Give it some lovin' by using a body butter after you shower to keep it looking healthy during your amazing vacations. I got this Pacifica Body Butter in a sample box and I love it since its very hydrating and 100% vegan which means no nasty ingredients than could harm your skin.


4. Makeup remover wipes 

By the time you get to your house/hotel/any where you are planning to stay in, you will probably be too tired to remove your makeup or clean your face but don't succumb into temptation and at least use some makeup or face cleansing wipes. While it's better to completely remove impurities with a face cleanser, the wipes will cover the job temporarily until you return to your regular life. Sincerely, I haven't found my go-to facial wipes, so in the mean time I've been trying out different ones. The ones in the picture are a sample from my Ipsy bag subscription and are from La Fresh . I'll for sure let you now when I find my holy grail wipes. 


5. Clear Top Coat

Your nail polish could really get dull looking and loose its shine throughout your vacation so to give it a fresh, recently painted appearance by taking your top coat with you and applying as needed. Plus it would make your mani last longer. I always rely on the Sally Hansen Insta/Dry Anti-Chip Top Coat since it's ultra shiny and it dries really fast, perfect for vacations since you're priority is spending time having fun, not waiting for those damn nails to get dry!


6. Dry Shampoo

Getting your hair wet and washing it every day will leave it looking shine-less and very dry. To prevent this, take your dry shampoo with you and use it instead. You will eventually have to wash it, but the dry shampoo will help absorb extra oils in your strands for some time while adding volume to it. My fave, without a doubt, Batiste Dry Shampoo. I wrote a post about it so go check it out if you don't know about this amazing product!


Now for last, HAVE FUN! Spring Break, while traveling or not, is all about de-stressing from work/school and enjoying yourself. For me its way more delightful if I'm looking extra good and taking care of myself while on it. So now be safe, get crazy (or not), relax, and see you until my next post!

2 comments:

  1. True... I can never get through the warmer months without dry shampoo as my hair greases up the day after I wash it :(
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the product recommendations! I have the lipbalm and it’s great!

    ReplyDelete