Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Color Makeup Done Right

Source: workithustle

I wanted to do a quick post about this makeup inspiration just because I found it so beautiful. I love how it combines neutrals while providing an added interest with the use of colors . First of all, this look starts up very neutral in the lids with white eye shadow all over the lids and taupe eye shadow in the crease which expands above it and beyond the corners of the eye to elongate them. Then the interesting comes in...a teal-colored eyeliner in the waterline combined with a pop of bright orange matte lips! It just looks amazing. I can't wait to recreate this very cool and fun look. To balance off the colors in the eyes and lips, the face was kept really simple with contoured cheeks by working a matte bronzer into the hollow of the cheeks.

What do you girls think about this look?


8 comments:

  1. WOW! i'm in love with this look. Orange lips is so in at the moment. Definitely trying it out!


    ♥ Anusha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! And I'm loving the matte trend as well...makes the look so much modern.
      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Joli blog!

    N'hésite pas à faire un tours sur mon blog: http://n-julie.blogspot.fr/
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je vais définitivement visiter votre blog! Merci pour le commentaire :)

      Delete
  3. Cara Delevingne always looks perfect! She can pull off any look, absolutely loving the bright orange lips!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how versatile she is...no wonder she is a model!

      Delete
  4. I don't think I could ever pull off a look like this. But it looks awesome on her. I've tried using a teal eyeliner before, but not in my waterline. I've used it below my lashes. It's a metallic teal so it really brightens up the eyes!


    My blog: http://sweetbuttercup29.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried it before either! But I definitely will since this year I'm all about trying new makeup looks...so lets see how it goes!

      PS. I just found out about your blog! It's beautiful...I didn't know someone else in NOVA shared this huge passion for beauty :)

      Delete