Saturday, February 9, 2013

Should you Whisper?

I finally got my hands into the so acclaimed Maybelline Color Whisper Lipcolors! Yey! I go mine in the shade Pink Possibilities (65) since I was looking for a wearable everyday pink. The company claims that these are "Pure color pigments suspended in a weightless gel. No heavy waxes or oils. Soft, sexy gel-color". Frankly, I'm not sure were to classify this product: sheer lipsticks? lip stains? Don't know! But I am definitely liking them. So I'll break this down into a Pros and Cons list.

Positives
• The lipstick does feel like a weightless gel and it's not sticky at all which is great for every day use.

• Application is really smooth, again thanks to the gel-like texture.

• After the shine of the lipcolor fades away, it leaves some color in your lips which look like a lip-stain and gives you an extended period of time until re-application.

• Although they provide a sheer color, you can build it up and the color is really noticeable without being extremely pigmented as heavy lipsticks. Again, great for everyday use!

• Packaging wise, these are beautiful! I must admit that one of my major motivations for buying them is the look of them...don't judge me please...I'm a fool for marketing, this people are geniuses...they get me every time...but still I don't care! Job well done Maybelline's marketing team! The Whispers are just so girly, young, and fun looking that there was no way I could resist them.

• They have a nice faint smell and taste to them, you can barely feel it which I appreciate since overpowering odors and tastes can be bothersome for me, specially when I'm eating or drinking something and the taste of the lipstick gets in the way.

• You can feel your lips hydrated while the shine is on your lips, so it can work as a short term/temporary balm (although the company never claims that these are hydrating).

Cons
• Constant reapplication is needed. The shine does go away fast (approximately within an hour, give or take) and although it leaves color on your lips, as mentioned above, the color does eventually fades after some time.

• After the shine is gone, your lips can feel a little dry...although maybe it's my lips which tend to be dry. (This one you will have to just let me know if it's the case with you or not)

• ... I can't find anything else bad to say!

My overall personal opinion is that this product is very nice, specially if you hate feeling a thick layer of lipstick in your lips since the Whispers will glide on easily and give some very pretty sheer color without feeling like you have a nasty sticky product sitting on your lips.

So I want to hear it from you! Will you be Whispering any time soon?




2 comments:

  1. These sound perfect for summer, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, found your blog through Bloggers.com and am following :)

    Lyndsay ♡
    Fizzy Peaches

    ReplyDelete